You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) if you have any concerns about the way we collect or handle your personal information. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance at [email protected] or via the address or telephone number given below.
We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms / email hyperlinks and every time you email us your details.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website.
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- Carrying out market research campaigns
- Providing you with information about products and services
- Complying with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
Data Capture Forms
We will send you information according to the data you have submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to change this information or the manner in which we contact you at any time, please email us at [email protected], or call us on 0191 4061 200. Alternatively you can also write to us at Privacy Manager, AGy47, The Kiln, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2HL.
Please note that your information may be used for our legitimate interest to send you details of those similar products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you if you are an existing client. This will be in accordance with the data that you indicated when you completed your order form/data capture form.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact The Privacy Manager at [email protected] or write to The Privacy Manager, AGy47, The Old Forge, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2HL.
Please note that the information you have provided us will never be passed to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not share your data with third parties except as required to do so to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation by government bodies and law enforcement agents.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include the right to;
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
Right to withdraw consent.You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you or to exercise any of the rights noted above, please write to us at [email protected], The Privacy Manager, AGy47, The Old Forge, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2HL.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will always hold your data securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. We do not currently transfer any of the personal data collected via our website outside the EEA.
In the unlikely event a transfer outside of the EEA were to become necessary, we will only make such transfer where it is legal to do so and where we can ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to your personal data in the recipient country. We will always ensure at least one of the following safeguards is implemented prior to any transfer of personal data outside the EEA:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator (the Information Commissioners Office) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we originally collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. If you require further information about how long we retain your personal data please contact the Privacy Manager at [email protected]
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our website uses strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and upload your information via data forms.
Analytical and performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and optimise the users experience.
We also use third party cookies which anonymously measure your use of this website to improve your experience, for example Google Analytics.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, also use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to your site.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior consent to, that merger.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note however that blocking either some or all of the cookies may mean that you may not get the full functionality of the website.